Light Railways PDF downloads
The Society only retains the last 12 printed back issues, equivalent to two years. These 12 issues are available as PDF downloads from the LRRSA Online Shop. All older issues are available as free downloads, which can be found either via the online shop or by going to the relevant Light Railways page on this website.
These files vary in size from about 1.5 Mb up to 22 Mb for a bundle of four issues.
This page explains:
- How the PDF downloads work, and
- How to do global searches for information in PDF download files.
How the PDF downloads work
If you have purchased a PDF from the online shop, both the order confirmation displayed on the screen, and an email sent to you, will contain a link to each PDF. Click on this link and the PDF will be downloaded.
If you are downloading free PDFs, a normal "click" on the PDF button will open the file in your browser or on your PC. If you "right click" on the PDF button you can then select "Save as" or "Save link as" and select the location to store the downloaded file.
If anything goes wrong just send us an email (reply to either the order confirmation or the PDF download email)
Doing global searches
If you have downloaded a number of the LR back-number PDFs it is possible to globally search through all of them using Adobe Reader (formerly known as Adobe Acrobat).
For example, if you have issues Nos 105 to 125 and store them in one directory called say "My documents\LR backnumbers" and you want to find all references to "Zeehan" here is what you do:
- In Adobe Reader go to the "Edit" menu and click on "Search".
- A window will appear in the right hand side of the screen, with the following questions:
- "What word or phrase would you like to search for?" Enter "zeehan"
- "Where would you like to search?" Click on "Browse for Location" and find your directory "My documents\LR backnumbers" and hit enter.
- Then click on the "SEARCH" button.
Adobe Reader will start the search and come back with entries for LRs 105, 106, 107, 109, 115 and 116. You can then click on the individual entry and it will display the relevant page of the document on the screen.